“Sustainable performance ” means that swaggr socks:
- Include 3+ recycled plastic bottles in every pair
- have a mesh weave for maximum breathability
- are incredibly stretchy (fitting a kid's size 2 shoe through a men's size 16), and
- are expertly designed to stay in place like a magical hug for your foot.
We are tired of watching news stories about how having humans living on this planet is at the same time destroying the planet. We wanted to do something about it! In fact, sustainability is part of every single decision we make.
Yes, swaggr socks are made from up to 91% recycled plastic bottles. More than three bottles are used to make each pair. But we have always been the go-the-extra mile types so we didn’t want to stop there. The first question we ask in every decision we make is, “Is this sustainable?”
We are continuously learning and improving, but today our top sustainability initiatives are:
- Manufacturing socks with 3+ recycled plastic bottles in every pair
- Limiting the carbon footprint of our supply chain by sourcing everything from the U.S.
- Utilizing recycled and compostable packaging and mailers
- Donating 1% of our revenue to ocean conservation
- Encouraging customers to send their old socks to us for recycling
We believe that we can all make a difference if we work together -- one step at a time.
- Katy, the dynamic marketing executive and creative mastermind behind the brand, spent the last 15 years building marketing strategies B2B and B2C companies through digital marketing agencies.
- David, the finance/business guru and swaggr’s CEO and director of operations, has worn a lot of hats. From brokering investment banking deals, to selling carpet cleaning, he learned first-hand that he would only be happy working on something that made a difference.
Home Base: Boca Raton, FL -- We launched swaggr at the end of 2018 on Indiegogo where our backers helped us to achieve over 100% of our goal and gave us the ability to start rockin and rollin.
Inspiration: Both Katy and David were raised in environmentally conscious families. David’s dad owned multiple businesses in the recycling industry, and Katy’s family was always diligent about what they used and how it impacted the planet. Both of their upbringings, whether they knew it or not, laid the foundation for how swaggr came to be.
“swaggr is not just a product. It’s a way of life. It’s a demonstration of the understanding that how we live our life impacts how others are able to live theirs. It’s the recognition that thoughtful products can be made in sustainable ways, to leave room for a better future for the next generation. Buy the socks to treat your feet. Love them because they help to save the ocean. Wear with pride and walk with swaggr.”